Saturday, August 4, 2012

On the train

 

So, now I’m on the train, off to Stockholm. That’s a wierd feeling, just wrote my last exam yesterday, packed all my stuff up in boxes, that will be stored, one big suitcase and one small and one big backpack. And now I’m on the way. How I’m going to carry all of that? Don’t ask me Smiley mit geöffnetem Mund My dad advised me just to find some strong, good-looking man who for some reason has no luggage and travels just the same route I do who can carry some of it for me. Why  do I have the feeling that this is not gonna happen?

Oh by the way, I’m traveling first class today! I think that’s hilarious, I never traveled first class on a train before, but when I booked that was almost the same price as second class, so why not!? Most seats around me are empty, which is not only due to the fact, that it is Saturday, 8 in the morning (waaaaay too early by the way)… But it is quite comfortable, lots of space and nice seats. But usually I don’t really think it’s worth the extra price (if it is more than the usual). The only good thing probably is that it’s quiet and there are not so many people!

Once I arrive in Stockholm I will spend the first days on the couch of a nice guy who I contacted via Couchsurfing. He seems really nice and offered me help with finding a place to stay, so I just hope that will work out. But right now I can’t really think of that yet, I suppose I just still have to realize it all! Those last weeks were just crazy with studying for the exams, writing the exams and so on and I did not really have any time to mentally prepare for what’s coming. But maybe that will happen sometime during this day I’m spending on trains Zwinkerndes Smiley Or at least once I started my language course and found a place.

But now I first of all need sleep!!! Last night was not too relaxing (was home late, had to get up at 5:30, did not sleep very well…) so I’ll have to do that now, at least until Hamburg, my first transition point.

1 comment:

  1. Gute Reise, liebe Julia! :) Jetzt, wo ich dir zulese, werde ich doch ein bisschen neidisch... viel Erfolg bei allem! :) lg, bettina :)

    ReplyDelete