So I did it – I arrived on the couch of a really nice couchsurfer who agreed to host me for the first time until I found a place to live. And, of course, I got sick… Probably the worst time for that, but nobody seems to care about this fact
But I guess my body just tells me to slow down a bit, so that’s what I’m doing. I decided to just stay on the couch today, relax and maybe look for rooms on the internet.
But I still have to tell a few things about my travels yesterday. So I got to Hamburg just fine, had enough time to change the platform there (even though I got up on the wrong side so I could not get down again from there without using stairs so I went all the way around
). Then the big travels began. It was a very comfortable seat, even though this time the train was not empty at all, I think pretty much every seat in the whole train was taken (even in first class) and there were many people sitting in the hallways. That was probably because the train was very short. Now you might wonder why, usually those ICEs are unbelievably long! Well yes, but this one had to fit onto a ferry boat! Yes, right, the train just went onto the ferry. I found that quite interesting, and for all of you who don’t believe me, here’s the proof:
So then everyone had to get out of the train and I went onto the outside deck. I was wondering around there a little in order to find a place to stand with a good view – and suddenly a woman in front of me turns around and – it’s Clara!!! She’s a good friend of mine and she, her husband and two others (among them Marius, also a friend), were on their way to a vacation in Sweden! I knew that before, but never would have thought that we might meet on the ferry, since I didn’t know that before and they were going by car. Such a huge coincidence! But it was really nice to see them and we had lots of fun during those 45 minutes of crossing to Denmark.
Then everyone had to get back on the train and in their cars and off the ferry and I went on to Copenhagen where I had to change the train again. But my train was a little delayed, so I had about 2 minutes time to get out of the train, up and down over the tracks and onto the next train. And I would have missed it, if there hadn’t been that nice lady with the whistle who still had her door open and I had to run towards her and could still get on the train. But unfortunately that was pretty much on the opposite end of the train from where I had my seat… And with all my stuff I would never have made it through the whole train! So I had to wait until Malmö, where the train stopped for ten minutes, in order to get out and into the right car. Finally!
The rest of the way was pretty relaxed, even though I had some difficulties finding the “green line”, which is the underground line, but after asking some nice people it was all good and my host picked me up from the station and we arrived at his apartment. We just sat and talked for a little while and then he wanted to go out and I went to bed, since I was really exhausted from the day and already felt a little sick.
Oh, here’s one more picture, that’s all the stuff I had with me:
I agree with your dad. You just needed to find a nice looking guy who was going the same route you were.
ReplyDelete