Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An empty stage, books, weather, swedish and an old ship

 

Before I start, just a few things I forgot in the last post:

I will have my german phone turned off most of the time, so in case you want to contact me just write an Email, use Facebook, ask for my swedish number or write a letter ;) But, just to make sure, please tell me in case you want to send anything bigger than a letter, because I heard that sometimes they forget to put a note in the mailbox when a parcel could not be delivered and then it's lying in the next supermarket without anyone knowing… ;)

So, I start where I ended, as usual ;) On saturday night we went to the culture festival as mentioned. Well, it was fun, but not really my type of music ;) But it was really cool since there were different stages and you could just walk through the city, listen to the music, dance or do whatever you like, since it was all for free. So we were at a stage where a DJ just played that usual music you get in clubs. But I was wondering, WHY they needed a huge stage with all the light and everything, if the DJ is sitting in his little cabin NEXT TO that stage!? Well, I thought that was pretty wierd, but most people there seemed to like it ;)

DSC_1172b

On sunday then Aileen and I went to "the world's longest book stall", which really was pretty long (along one complete street). It was so cool, but I was lucky most books were in swedish and I always had to think that I'd have to carry all of them home, otherwise I would have bought so many books…^^ But I only got three – among them 2 original Astrid Lindgren books (in swedish, of course!), which actually were the reason I wanted to go there, so I was successful ;)

DSC_1228

                          DSC_1229

DSC_1363

After spending more than three hours looking at books we were pretty exhausted so both of us went home to change into some warm clothes and decided to talk about where to meet later on the phone. So when I got home I turned on my computer in order to find out where the outside movie (Lord of the Rings, you remember) would take place and how to get there – and after talking to Aileen I found out, that I'd have to leave 10 Minutes after that! So I changed quickly and left, went on my train and when I got into the subway I looked at the sky and was very glad, that there was barely a cloud to be seen – so the weather would be nice for the movie :) – Or so I thought… Once I got out of the subway again, I saw this:

DSC_1231

So this, in case you cannot see on the picture, is rain – lots of rain! Yeah, that's what the weather here is like – it changes from one minute to the next and from one subway station to the next from the nicest sunshine into pouring rain.

Once I had found Aileen we decided, that that was not really the right weather for an outside movie, so we went to her place in order to watch a movie there. And once we got out of the subway again, we saw what you see on the following picture…

So, weather here seems to be like a box of candy – you never know what you get once you leave the subway xD

DSC_1234

Today, tuesday, we then had our first swedish exam – it was a listening comprehension and we had to write down telephone numbers and dates and decide whether sentences about a text she read to us were right or wrong. It was not too hard and since it was only pass or fail I suppose I should have passed.

After class then there was a tour to the Vasa museum and Skansen. The Vasa was a ship that, in 1628 on her maiden voyage, sunk. It's a really cool museum and I wanted to go there since I had been there when I was about 4 or 5 or something like that and couldn't really remember it, only that I thought it was pretty awesome ;) And it still is! Such a huge ship! And all the Details they reconstructed and all those small things they found, like shoes or plates. Well, I think it was awesome! :)

DSC_1306

DSC_1341

DSC_1342

So in the museum we had a little tour which took about half an hour. After that we went to watch the movie they showed there because the guide recommended that. It was really interesting! After the movie we looked for the guy from the student union who was with us in order to ask how much time we had until we'd leave for Skansen (that's some kind of outdoor exhibition with swedish animals aswell – I can tell more about it once I have been there). But we couldn't find him, so we thought we might have some more time to look around. Well, some time later then (I went with two other girls) we were wondering, how long we were supposed to be staying and then after Ela had found out the guy's phone number he told us, that they had left long ago and we didn't notice… Yay, what a great organization! So we asked whether we could just go to Skansen now, but he said we wouldn't get in anymore – great! But the good thing was, that this way we had more time at the Vasa museum and were able to look at all the cool stuff they had there, since we didn't even see half of it during the tour! In the end we spent more than three hours there! Considering that the others must have left after one hour we were happy that we had more time! And maybe we will be able to go to Skansen on friday, when there is another tour like the one today.

Yeah, so that was it for now, I still have to do some homework for swedish class! And on Saturday we will have our final exam – already! And next week then the regular classes will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment