So yeah, last time all was good, this time nothing is :D Well, maybe that’s a little too dramatic, but there are some difficulties right now. So I’ll just start this post off with the stuff that’s not going so good and end with the good/fun/interesting stuff, so you don’t think it’s really bad for me here (which it really isn’t!) and I feel better afterwards, too!
First of all found out that I won’t be able to live here after Saturday, since my host will get a flat mate then – we actually did not agree that I’d stay here really long but still I’m a little taken by surprise. But oh well, it’s just a shorter period of time now. But today and on Friday I already have appointments to look at rooms and another guy who’s also doing Erasmus offered me that I can sleep at his place for a few days if I don’t find anything, so I don’t even have to go to a hostel. So it could be worse!
Another thing is that my phone doesn’t like the Swedish SIM card I got, because I need to enter some code which I don’t know so I can’t use it… But the guy I’m staying with right now gave me an old phone he still had, which is okay (even though the battery is reeeeaaaally bad) but I’ll have to give it back to him so I’ll have to get mine to work soon. Just another thing on my mind right now.
But the Swedish course is going pretty well, it’s fun to learn the language and to understand more and more of the stuff people around me are saying! :) Swedish is a pretty cool language I think, it sounds really cute and – lucky me – is not far from German. The order of words in a sentence is the same actually, which confused me completely, since in every other language I learned so far it’s different! :D Yeah and most words are not too hard to understand either, because they are similar either to German or English. So now I can say things like “Jag studerar svenska på KTH.” (I study Swedish at KTH. [KTH is the school I study at]) and things like that. And I know the numbers, which is cool because with that and the usual Hello (“Hej”), Thanks (“Tack”) and Good Bye (“Hej då”) I can even buy something without being a foreigner too obviously ;)
And then there are a few other things about the Swedes that I got to know (I will mention them here but also make a new post where I will collect those).
- Supermarkets in Sweden are just the same as everywhere else (Lidl for example even has the very same products), except that here they have a whole wall just for crispbread (Knäckebrot)!
- Everywhere you go, if it’s the tram/bus, a park, a supermarket or whatever, people are walking around with their smartphones!! Seriously, it’s worse than in Germany! In a bus more than 50% of the people are having their phone in their hands! And those who don’t are either listening to music (so using their phone anyways) or really old people xD
- Meeting all those other exchange students reminds me of traveling and living in hostels – the first thing you ask is always “Where are you from?”, then “How long are you staying?” and then things like what they study, name or whatever.
- When there is a ticket inspection in the underground tram there are 5 people walking though the train!
- Swedish clouds are just awesome! They look really cool and change so quickly! I’ll post some pictures soon.
- … more to come
SO this is it for today, I’ll keep searching and hopefully my next post will contain the message that I found a room! :)
You do understand my affection towards clouds now, don't you? Sweden is where Skyle came to be - well, mostly at least. It's no wonder, though... ;-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great time there and seize every chance you have to take a look not only at the people, but at the landscape as well. I think you'll find it rather enjoying. :-)