Friday, December 21, 2012

Snow!!! :)

So, in the end of december, we had the second real snow!! Actually there was a little bit of snow in the end of october already, but that was just a very little bit and gone the next morning. So, this was really exciting! I looove snow, and even though there was a slightly difficult incident, which I will talk about more later, I still do and I wish there was more snow in the area of Hanover ;-) So I have about a million pictures of snow, but I tried to pick just a few ;-)
The first real snow, on November 29th, view out of my window.
Blog-nov-dec_12

One day later, after it had snowed all day, I took a walk in the snow :)
Blog-nov-dec_13
Blog-nov-dec_14
Anybody care for a swim? ;-)
Blog-nov-dec_15Blog-nov-dec_16

Another two days later, another walk. And a beautiful sunset :)
Blog-nov-dec_17Blog-nov-dec_18Blog-nov-dec_19Blog-nov-dec_20Blog-nov-dec_21

I got a link from a friend, where they explained how to make lights into cool shapes, so I had to try that out right away. Here's a car with its lights on:
Blog-nov-dec_22
And lights of the house opposite.
Blog-nov-dec_23

In the beginning of december then there was a pretty bad snowstorm. I was at school that day, and left early because I had a conference call for YFU that evening. So I got on the metro. But when I got to Ropsten, the station where I change to the "Lidingöbanan", which is the lokal train going on my island, I found out, that this train had to stop service due to the snow. Well, that is understandable, considering that about half a meter of snow came down within half a day. But for the same reason, all busses in the city stopped going aswell. So – yay, 20 km from home I was stuck. I did not really want to pay all the money for a taxi and all of them were already taken anyway, so I started walking. It had stopped snowing by then and I was dressed warm and I had Astrid Lindgren-christmas stories, read by herself, with me, so it was not too bad at first. But after about 1,5 hours it did become slightly cold and tiring, with all my school stuff with me. And, lucky me, a nice woman in a car went the same way as me and took me with her for the last half of the way ;-) So I even got home for my conference call in time. Here's a picture of the snowstorm:
Blog-nov-dec_25

And here's the university, all snowed in :-)
Blog-nov-dec_27

Snow with sun:
Blog-nov-dec_39Blog-nov-dec_40

So, that was the story of the snow. By now there is quite a bit more, of course, and they started taking away some of the snow piles with trucks and big containers, but I still like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment